We’ve just made the first 20 "Hay Jude"s for 2013 using our new "crottin" molds – and they are gorgeous! (This is a shot of the first flip – tricky business)The St. Marcellin molds that we’ve used in the past were just a little too short – so they would have to get a second top up of curd.
And perhaps they were also a little too fat – the final cheese not enough "petite".
These crottin molds seem just right – so far we likin’ wat we seein’.
And speaking of short and fat, we’ll still keep the St. M. molds for da "Big Red"s (named in honour of the late great "Horrible Harold" Gibbons! – God bless ya big guy.)